The changing Las Vegas real estate market conditions are causing a few home owners to consider selling their homes as “for sale by owner” FSBO.
These days, qualified buyers do not enter into any real estate transaction casually. Realtor expertise is relied upon by many of today’s buyers for answers to complicated questions, and for the enabling of ever more intricate sales transactions. It is extremely difficult to sell a home in a timely fashion and receive the expected money without the services of an experienced real estate professional. There are just too many details and uncertainties.
Home sellers considering selling their homes FSBO and saving the expense of the commission will face the following obstacles:
1. MLS Participation is limited to real estate professionals who are held accountable for the accuracy of the published information. MLS is a professional service which was developed by licensed real estate professionals. It is not available to homeowners who are not licensed professionals.
2. Buyer’s agents rarely show homes that are “for sale by owner” because they work for the buyer. Selling “for sale by owner” listings entail extra work and liability that many Realtors are reluctant to take on. Additionally, written agreements with buyers often prevent an agent from working for the seller.
3. Sellers do not have access to the constantly changing real estate data that is available to professionals with extensive market awareness. As a result, owners may not be able to properly price their homes and be competitive with homes that have professional comparative market analyses.
4. Most buyers know the risk of casual real estate transactions and prefer the security of Realtor participation.
5. Real estate sales are legal transactions involving a lot of money and detail. The average seller is just not prepared to navigate the extensive legal issues that accompany a home sale. The lack of a license will not protect the seller from disclosure liabilities.
6. Actual sales data has proven that the rare seller who does complete a sale on his or her own property does not, in fact, receive more money. The extra stress and work involved in a “for sale by owner” may not actually result in any savings.
7. A for sale by owner property simply cannot compete these days with the professional marketing tools developed for real estate professionals.
It is not advisable to attempt to sell your own home. The Batchelor Group is available to explain the many benefits to sellers of professional real estate services. Call 702-823-3801 or visit online at www.lasvegas1realestate.com. A free consultation is always available.